Homemade "Bailey's" Irish Cream
The Baileys will last for 3 months if stored in the fridge.
Makes 2 Litres
200 g milk chocolate, Use either Cadbury or Nestle cooking chocolate
400 g can sweetened condensed milk
750 ml evaporated milk
300 ml pure cream
3 tablespoons of brewed coffee
700 ml of whiskey, Canadian Club is recommended
1. Grate chocolate for 10 seconds at speed 9. Scrape down the bowl afterwards.
2. Melt chocolate for 5 minutes at 50°c on speed 3. Scrape down the bowl
3. Add the condensed milk, then mix with chocolate for 5 minutes at 50°c on Speed 3
4. Set the timer for 2 minutes at 50°c on Speed 3. While the blades are moving, add both cans of evaporated milk, cream and coffee.
5. Pour into a 3 L jug or large bowl.
6. Add up to 700 ml of scotch whisky to the bowl then mix at Speed 3 for 2 minutes. This step is just to absorb leftover chocolate and isn't entirely necessary.
7. Pour the scotch whisky into the large bowl to mix with the other ingredients, then bottle accordingly.